All memorandums of understanding (MOU) or other academically-oriented agreements between individuals within schools and colleges and an external partner must be reviewed by the Office of the Provost. This will include MOUs and agreements such as agency agreements, internships, addendums, articulation agreements, exchange agreements, etc. The process begins with a review from the Provost’s office and continues with Budget, Risk and University Counsel review.
Before submitting an agreement to the Provost’s office, the submitting University unit is required to review the agreement carefully and make certain the document accurately states the agreed upon terms.
Use this checklist to verify the agreement is ready to be submitted for review and signature:
- Is it in the best interest of the University to enter into this agreement?
- Has the dean or head of unit reviewed and approved to commit to the agreement?
- Has the budget director reviewed and approved the financial commitment?
- Are the purpose, scope and obligations correct?
- Are the monetary terms correct?
- Is the term (start and end date, duration) correct?
- Correct name / title of the contract
- Other / third party’s name and address
- Signature blocks completed
- Zhanjiang Liu, Interim Vice Chancellor and Provost
- Other party information completed as thoroughly as possible
- Avoid standalone page for signatures. If unavoidable, denote the contract title on the signature page
- Page numbers
Use of available templates will expedite the review process. To request any of the following templates—Agency Agreement, Articulation Agreement, Exchange Agreement, General Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)—contact Heather Ryerson at email@example.com or 315.443.5725.
Once this form has been submitted, it will be routed to the Provost’s Office.
Questions? Contact Heather Ryerson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315.443.5725.