Syracuse University is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), an independent professional development, training, and mentoring community for faculty members, postdocs, and graduate students. The NCFDD is dedicated to supporting academics in making successful transitions throughout their careers.
This institutional membership allows all Syracuse University faculty members, postdocs, and graduate students to enjoy the NCFDD’s full individual member benefits.
Membership benefits include the following resources:
- Monday Motivator: weekly email that provides positive energy, good vibes, and a productivity tip
- Core Curriculum: monthly webinars designed to teach you the 10 key skills necessary to thrive in the Academy
- Guest Expert and Multi-Week Course Trainings: for example, How to Work with Academic Editors or Addressing Incivility in the Classroom: Effective Strategies for Faculty
- 14-Day Writing Challenges: an opportunity for you to experiment with daily writing in a supportive community and a little dose of electronic love
- Dissertation Success Curriculum: a program designed for doctoral candidates who are focused on finishing their dissertation
- Buddy Matching: monthly accountability buddy matching with fellow NCFDD member
- Discussion Forums: private discussion forums for peer-mentoring & problem-solving
- Resource Library: access to our Member Library, which includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
For more information about membership benefits, please visit the NCFDD website.
To Activate your Syracuse University sponsored membership:
1. Go to the Syracuse University NCFDD homepage
2. Select “Activate my Membership”
3. Complete the registration form using your Syracuse University email address
4. Check your email account to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click “Activate Account” in the email
If you have any questions, please contact Marie Garland, Assistant Provost for Faculty Affairs, at 315-443-0362 or firstname.lastname@example.org.