Syracuse University recognizes that accepting a position at the University often involves relocation and can pose challenges for faculty and administrators who are part of a dual career couple.
Syracuse University’s Dual Career Network (DCN) helps the partners of newly-hired faculty and senior administrators find employment in the Syracuse area. Each client receives personalized job search support, depending on his or her unique needs and talents. While we cannot guarantee job placement, we will facilitate the search process through networking, informational interviewing, and referrals both at Syracuse University and in the wider Syracuse community.
- Attract and retain first-rate dual career couples to the Syracuse University campus and to Syracuse, N.Y.
- Enrich Syracuse University’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, and retention of top talent.
- Provide customized assistance and job search support to the partners of new and currently recruited faculty and senior staff.
- Deliver tailored information and resources about relocating to the Syracuse area.
- Engage employers in the Syracuse region and the surrounding area to build networking and employment opportunities for our dual career clients.
Limited assistance is also provided through our Human Resources department for anyone specifically seeking employment at Syracuse University.
Find out more if you are: