- Some Help with Home School – Watch Classic Television
- Some Help with Home School – Take a Walk
- Some Help with Home School – Cook Together
- Home Schooling, Simplified
- NY Times article on how to turn cramped quarters into a space conducive to learning.
- Transforming COVID into a Learning Opportunity
- Spending a little of your class time educating students about COVID-19 may help them to deal with the challenges of the pandemic.
Moving Classes Online
- Best Practices for Teaching Online
- Effective Teaching Online
- How to be a Better Online Teacher – Advice
- How to Motivate Students Online
- Identifying and Supporting Struggling Students in Online Courses
- Online Course Best Practices Checklist
- Student Motivation and Engagement
- Lab Options for Distance Delivery
Syracuse University Syllabus Templates
- Undergraduate syllabus template 2019-20
- Graduate syllabus template 2019-20
- Combined undergraduate and graduate syllabus template 2019-20
- One of the best practices for inclusive instruction is to use rubrics. The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment maintains a rubric resource website.
- We can work together with you if you would like to design a rubric, or you can get ideas by looking at examples of rubrics on the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment website.
- Classroom assessment strategies:
- Looking for new ways to assess student understanding of content throughout the semester? Try these classroom assessment techniques for quick and easy ways to test knowledge during class!
- Qualtrics in the classroom:
- Qualtrics is a survey platform available to students, faculty, and staff at Syracuse University, and can be used in your courses to collect data on students and help you to plan for the semester. Visit the Syracuse University Libraries website to learn more about Qualtrics and to register for free workshops.
- About trigger warnings
- Please contact the CTLE at firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment — in person or by phone — if you have questions about specific course content and trigger warnings.
- Resources for International Faculty and TAs from the Kaneb Center for Teaching and Learning at the University of Notre Dame