In addition to classroom instruction, faculty are responsible for providing appropriate student support such as:
- Advising students at the department, school/college, and University level
- Mentoring graduate students at all levels
- Supervising Independent Study
- Supporting internship or practicum experiences
- Sitting on masters and dissertation committees
Faculty with responsibility for supervising Graduate Teaching Assistants should meet regularly with their TAs and provide counsel and feedback insuring that their TAs are performing their roles as instructors, graders, or mentors consistent with academic and professional standards.