The Teaching Recognition Award is sponsored by the Meredith Professors to benefit non-tenured faculty members. Its specific goals are to recognize excellence in teaching and to encourage a culture of collegial mentoring among faculty members.
- Each year, up to five non-tenured tenure-track faculty members and up to two non-tenure track, adjunct, or part-time faculty members will be awarded $3,000 for professional development. The funds may be used by the recipients for expenses they may incur in furthering their professional development, such as the purchase of equipment, materials, or travel.
- All faculty members who have completed two years at Syracuse University and who are not yet in the year of their tenure review are eligible for these awards. The criteria for selection will be demonstrated excellence as a teacher and promise for continued growth as a teacher.
- Todd Berger, College of Law
- Jeff Gonda, History
- Shikha Nangia, Biomedical & Chemical Engineering
- Paul Prescott, Philosophy
- Jonnell Robinson, Geography
- Cora True-Frost, College of Law